Who is this for?
People that maintain the active social networking voice within soket for a business that has a paid subscription to soket social networking services. This functionality is not available to users who only have "My Voice".
Note that this article's focus is on how to authorize a web site to access your social networking events that are entered in the soket web application. To understand how to display these social networking events on your business's web site, please review the articles about the soket social networking event plug in the developer forum.
Authorization of a Web Site to display your social networking events
A web site will not automatically be able to use the soket social networking event plug. This social networking event plug is a few lines of code provided by the soket web application to allow a web site to display your events. Plug code is copied from the soket web application and then pasted into the contents of a page on the web site you wish to display your social networking events. For more information on the plug, see how to create your soket social networking event plug within the developers forum.
Before a web site will be able to display your social networking events however, the web site domain will need to be authorized within the soket web application.
How do I authorize a web site?
This process like all soket processes is designed to be simple.
1. Login into the soket web application
2. Select the social networking voice you wish to maintain.
3. Click on the Manage text at the top of the page to reveal the drop down options and click on "Plugs".
4. Click on Edit for the plug you wish to authorize the web site to use. A social networking voice can have many plugs setup by you that are tailored to appear complimentary to the web site on which your social networking events are to be displayed on. For more information on the plug design, see How to create a social event web site plug for your social event voice in soket.within the developers forum.
5. In the Edit screen for the chosen plug while in "Settings":
- scroll down to the bottom of the edit screen.
- enter your Authorized Domain in the text box and click the Add button. Your web site name should then appear below the text box.
- click the Save button to have the change applied to the plug.